Friday, July 24, 2009

Will Loreal color pulse get my hair a bright red/orange?

Hey all,



I bought the Red Copper Spritz hair dye from Loreal Color Pulse, and I have light blonde/blonde hilighted hair and want to get my hair a bright red/orange color, similar to Patrick Wolf's:



http://www.neumagazine.co.uk/upload/patr...



I'm worried that it might stain my hair or take a long time to come out. The only other time I ever dyed my hair I used a different type of dye, bleached my hair first, and it lasted about a week before it faded (I wash my hair every day). That's fine with me if this one lasts that long, but I don't want it to ruin my hair...



Will the Red Copper Spritz get my hair the color in the pic above? I tried it on the underside of my hair, the brown part that's natural, and it didn't show up at all. So I'm thinking it would work best on lighter hair.



Will Loreal color pulse get my hair a bright red/orange?

What timing! I JUST put the same color on some bleached blonde streaks in my hair, and it did not turn out the color of that picture. I think the Color Pulse "Lively Auburn" would be closer to the color in the pic. BUT for me, it doesn't take long before the color washes out of the blonde and leaves a weird, faded orangey-pinkish color, and it won't go back to the blonde at all unless it's your natural color. So any highlighted parts probably will be stained, just like you said happened before. I have to reapply it every... week or so I think?



Hope that helps. Good luck!!



Will Loreal color pulse get my hair a bright red/orange?

It all depends on what you have done to your hair up to this point. I would reccommend that you take that pic of what you want your color to be to a colorist. Reds are VERY tricky to get right and I only reccommend doing it through a professional. Also...FYI....Reds fade very quickly and there is not a bunch you can do to counter that. I reccommend going to a salon that uses Paul Mitchell color and ask them to use the Color Shots to get that vibrant red/orange color!!



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment