Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What is the difference between Loreal excellence and Loreal Preference hair color? Help me with hair

Hi. I want to color my hair dark brown and in shop I see many Loreal haircolors such as Preference, Excellence, Casting... I dont know the difference. I have lots of gray hairs and I want to cover them, but at the same time once I bought dark brown color and my hair became almost black and it took ages until I could go lighter. But at the same time when I use light brown hair color it does not cover white hairs and after some wash it becomes redish. I dont know what to do. Also I have very big black eyes and dark eyebrows and I love to have blonde hair. But everyone tells me that I wont look nice and natural. But then I wonder how some celebrities with dark skin and eyes have blondish hair, like Shakira, Beyonce...Please tell me what to do with my hair.



What is the difference between Loreal excellence and Loreal Preference hair color? Help me with hair color.?

I believe one is a cream and one is a gel. :)



A dark brown dye will make your hair almost black, so don't use it if that's not the effect you're going for. A medium brown will give a nicer more natural effect.



If you notice one thing about darker skinned celebrities who look great with blonde hair- they're gorgeous. If you're gorgeous you can get away with any hair color. :)



What is the difference between Loreal excellence and Loreal Preference hair color? Help me with hair color.?

If you go dark brown you need a colour that is going to cover the grey. They packs usually tell you if they are suitable for grey hair and what kind of coverage you will get. Warmer browns will go red because they have a red pigment in the dye. Brown can be a difficult colour, but its a case of trial and error.



On the other hand if you want to go blond but think your eyebrows are too dark, you can have them lightened by your beauty therapist. Its like a reverse eyebrow tint. It takes the dark out but still leaves you with a natural looking lighter brown eyebrow. You need to speak with your hairdresser about a blond shade that works well with your natural skin tones for it to be natural looking. If you have a lot of grey, its is easier for you to maintain blonde as the grey tones blend well with blond and doesnt fade as quick as brown. Nor do you notice the regrowth as bad. My advice as a beauty therapist and hairdresser, is not to try the colors at home until you get it done with your own stylist to see what works for you. they should then be able to recommend a color for you to use at home. Yes it will be more costly to get started but think of what you will save if you screw it up doing it yourself. You may very well find yourself at the hairdressers begging them to fix it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment