Sunday, July 26, 2009

I colored my hair w/ loreal excellence medium brown & it's turned very dark/almost black.?

I am wondering if I can use something to lighten it and achieve a medium brown (my natural color) or do I need to recolor it? If I need to recolor it, what color/brand is best for me? What product, shampoo, etc can I use to lighten it?



And for next time, any advice on the color for someone with medium brown hair(naturally) wanting to keep that color minus the grey. It never works out. What product/ color?



I colored my hair w/ loreal excellence medium brown %26amp; it's turned very dark/almost black.?

Go to the salon and have someone put highlights through your hair.......next time don't use store bought color......there are allot of reasons that your hair went too dark.



The highlights, if done correctly should break up the darkness and add dimension to your hair.



Think of your hair as a canvas.....if you put dark brown paint over it, how do you expect to lighten it with more paint. You will make the hair darker and more muddy looking.



I colored my hair w/ loreal excellence medium brown %26amp; it's turned very dark/almost black.?

In my opinion..those coloring products are always a shade darker than they look...so go light brown in the Loreal. This happened to my friend and her hair turned black. She did recolor it.. but you have to make sure you get the color all over your hair completely, or you will look like a zebra..cuz the black will show through.



I colored my hair w/ loreal excellence medium brown %26amp; it's turned very dark/almost black.?

I used that one...and it went really dark...and after about 2 weeks my hair wasnt black anymore but a deep rich chocolate brown! it looks really good.



I colored my hair w/ loreal excellence medium brown %26amp; it's turned very dark/almost black.?

At-home hair color is generally very intense the first couple of days. It will lighten on its own if you want to wait for a few days.



If it is vampire-dark and you can't stand it, try washing with a very harsh shampoo like Prell or even dish soap. It will remove some of the color - you will need to use intense conditioner afterward because this is not good for your hair.



Another option would be to try highlights - it's a more natural look when covering grey hair than super-dark haircolor. When I color my hair every 4 weeks or so, I switch between a light brown and a medium natural blonde - use the applicator tip to streak it from the root through the hair and then comb it through with a wide-toothed comb. When you rinse it out, natural-looking highlights and lowlights - voila.



I colored my hair w/ loreal excellence medium brown %26amp; it's turned very dark/almost black.?

loreal colours tend to be very flat colours,and grip hair next time try wella country colours in natural brown, or clairol nice and easy have light ash brown (114) light medium brown(118)



or medium golden brown(118A) or light ash blond( 114c)depending on if you want an ash tone(no gold or red tone) or a golden tone, can give a yellow tinge on dark hair.possibly I would try light ash brown to lighten up the dark shade you now have 1-2 shades.keep an eye on the colour 10-20 minutes max, on already coloured hair look at after about 8 minutes if it isn't the right colour leave it on a bit longer.



I colored my hair w/ loreal excellence medium brown %26amp; it's turned very dark/almost black.?

Without seeing your hair and knowing how many times you used what product exactly it is difficult to speculate exactly what the problem is. How much grey do you have? 10% or more like 50% ? Let us start with the current problem- I would not suggest using a bleach lightener to take it out. I feel that is too harsh. Start with this non chemical approach. Shampoo hair with Redken Hair Cleansing Creme with 6-8 NATURAL Vit C crushed up in the spoo. With that in hair cover with plastic cap and add heat of a blow dryer for several minutes. Or microwave a damp towel for several minutes and wrap around plastic cap. Leave on 30-45 min. If you are getting the result you want you can do this one more time. Condition well. To address the coverage issue. I suggest going to a semi- perm product to "blend" the grey. I would also go into a slightly lighter brown. While this product will not "cover" it is a much more natural looking effect than a total coverage- especially if you are not getting what you want. Have a friend help you with this so you are not overlapping this product when you go to retouch. Those ends will only need refreshing for several minutes each time.



You could highlight through it also- in salon. The problem with the highlighting is that you don't even like the base color to start with. You would only want very naturally placed highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment