Thursday, October 8, 2009

Can I re-dye my hair to a darker shade after color removal?

I used Loreal hair color removal on my hair, to where then it was supposed to be ready for new tint. So I picked a shade that was close to my natural color, which was a medium natural blonde, and it still turned out super light blonde. Can I re-dye with a darker shade of blonde to acheive the more natural color I was going for?



Can I re-dye my hair to a darker shade after color removal?

honestly I wouldn't recommend doing this so soon after color removal and tinting.... what happened was is the following:



color removal lifted artificial pigment exposing natural lightened pigment with no highlight (natural highlight is whether your hair appears, ashy, golden, copper etc...), when the new permanent hair color was applied the developer did it's job lifting the raw pigment further and only depositing a small amount of artificial highlight tone... if you apply more over it now the developer cannot lift pigment as it is covered by the previous tint but can begin eating through the protein in the hair... this is the problem and as I cannot see the condition of the hair I cannot advise that you attempt to do anything further at this point... in about 1 month when you have regrowth, tint the roots the tone you wish but be careful if you use something like an ash based color to lessen gold/brass tones in the natural hair, if you pull it through the lengths even at the last few minutes of processing that may still be enough to make your lengths an off tone or damage it.



Can I re-dye my hair to a darker shade after color removal?

ya !sure you can re-dey your hair for more information see the below mentioned website...i think it will help u...

No comments:

Post a Comment