Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hair advice please...I screwed up?

Last night a friend gave me some Loreal hair dye. It was the kind that you use when you dye your hair black then put it on the ends and streaks...REALLY RED. Well I have brown hair and did it anyways. My hair looks like I just escaped a fight and lost. It is as red as blood. NOW, I need to get it back to brown but someone told me I can't just dye it brown because it will turn orange...NO! Any advice would be great and I know I'm an idiot thanks for the note ;)



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

Ok I have experience in this. I dyed my WHOLE head super firehydrant red once and I couldnt look at it, it was so painfully red.



Use a good cleansing shampoo and wash the dyed hair twice for 3minutes each time (DO NOT CONDITION). Wait a couple days and the color should be lighter. Buy Loreal Colour Expert in a color CLOSEST to yours (I would reccomend going a shade lighter, because it will blend better as your roots come in and the highlights will really break up the color and correct any mistakes), also buy a "COOL" or "NEUTRAL" shade (the boxes will tell you if its a cool shade) to cancel out any red or orange tones. The end result I PROMISE you'll be happy with. Make sure you have a friend or your mother doing it for you, and I would place the color starting from tip to root (instead of the normal visversa). Follow the directions very carefully! I would say you should leave the color on your hair 10minutes longer then they reccomend. Place the highlights in natural areas (not streaky)- do random thin strands sweeping around your face line and very few strands in the back.



Good luck!



Email me with any more questions! Greentea63087@yahoo.com



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

Consult a nearby GOOD beautician..



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

well red is the hardest color to get out of your hair. i have done this to my hair before and well i like it but then i am wierd. so my advice would be go to a professional. you really do not want to try and mess with it yourself anymore.



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

yes-go to a good beauty salon...



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

I would try to go to a professional for this one. My mother in law and sister in law own their own beauty shop and I wouldnt' trust anyone other than a professional to dye my hair, which I do every 6-8 weeks.



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

Wait a few days and try to color the red parts a light brown it should lighten the fire engine red a little.



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

Ohh, this happens to my mom all the time.



Dye it Dark Brown, that way your hair would be



Chestnut Brown.



Ohh and one more thing, Bloody Red is damn sexy.



Try keeping it?!



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

go to a hair salon. i wouldnt use those cheap hair dyes in the box! I tried to dye my hair and my roots came out orange! I had to go to the beauty salon. plus those cheap hair dyes they make your hair like straw..



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

you should consult a beatican that you trust and no cuz then you know that they wont screw up



but i wouldnt try dying my hair again



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

Use a very dark brown. When you do one over the other they make a nice dark auburn shade. Or if you'd rather have it back to exactly the way it was wait a week or two and bleach your hair and then re-dye it. But make sure you wait a few weeks because to many chemicals will make your hair turn brittle and dull, and in some people there hair falls out form too many chemicals.



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

ok,first go to a beauty supply store and by a color fix kit.temp color) this would tone down the red. but you should wait about a week before you do your hair again. then you should most likely have to stip out hte old color and tone over it.



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

You'll need to go to a beauty salon. My daughter did the same thing and it cost me 280.00 they spent over two hours on her hair they had to strip it and dye it black to cover it. She a natural brown and dyed it blonde but it turned yellow and white.



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

Is there an 800 number on the box? I would call them and ask what color you should use to return to your desired color. These people can be very helpful. My daughter goes out of her way to get that blood red Gothe look. You may have to condition more since your dyeing on top of a fresh dye job. I don't think you could get orange from brown and red. My daughter was red and wanted to have a more normal color brown for graduation pictures and we didn't have any trouble with orange. Good luck and your not an idiot.



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

omg that happend to me i got my hair dyed red and it came out bloond and orunge because the girl didnt use a filler the filler helps keep the color in now every time i dye my hair it comes out like 2 weeks later then i asked a hairstyleist what i should do she said my hair was damaged it mite be the same for you but i dont know



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

try washing n drying it as much as you can, i just went through a simular problem, the store products are ok to use, you just have to know to use ash or whatever, after washing a lot maybe then you should go to a hair salon, all is NOT hopeless, you can work with this. good luck forgot, you will need to use a good conditioner as well. also, i put baby oil in my hair for 15 minutes before washing, good luck again, hope this helps you some



Hair advice please...I screwed up?

Girl, you need to get to a professional hairdresser. You want to make sure they use the right chemicals on your hair so that the color is actually absorbed. You don't want your hair to get more damaged if you do it wrong again. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment